Canon Medical Systems Career Section
Regional Service Manager
Date Posted: 13-Mar-18
Working from your home office in the GTA, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the regional field service group in its efforts to provide exceptional customer service for our line of diagnostic imaging equipment. The territory you will be responsible for is the GTA region whose primarily boundary is Lake Ontario, Hwy 427, Hwy 404 / DVP and Hwy 7
- Service Delivery Management in the GTA region for medical imaging equipment
- Management of Field Service Representatives to achieve desired service levels
- Customer relationship management as it relates to service delivery
- Installation project and site management
- Service administration, resource scheduling, and development
- Service request processing
- Site assessment and planning for installations, obtaining turnkey construction quotes and validating them, preparing quotations / SOW for equipment moves and T&M service
- Budget preparation, service revenue and metrics achievement, SOP compliance and audit, assessing skill levels, determining tools and test equipment requirements and controlling expenses
- Working in a partnership role with the sales team in the assigned area to further sales of our products
- Other duties as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Service manager with experience managing service delivery in a medical diagnostic imaging equipment supplier.
- 5 - 10 years’ field service experience with medical diagnostic imaging equipment, with at least 3 years as a supervisor / manager
- A related degree or diploma, and possess strong management, technical, interpersonal & communication skills
- Candidates without supervisory experience may be considered
- Ideally potential candidates should be located in the GTA or suburbs thereof
- Alternate locations may be considered
- Travel is required to adequately manage the entire region
- You will work from a home office environment
We offer an excellent compensation package including a highly competitive base salary, commission plan, full benefits plan, pension plan, automobile plan and rewarding career opportunities to participate in our growth.
Please forward your resume to: CMSCA-Careers@medical.canon
We thank you for applying to this position. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
About Canon Medical Systems Canada Limited
Canon Medical Systems Canada (CMSCA), a Canon Group company headquartered in Markham, Ontario, provides patient-focused imaging technologies with specialties in CT, X-Ray, Angiography, Ultrasound and MRI. Advanced service solutions range from single-room coverage to complete asset management programs.
All sales, services and operations are Canadian-based, with a strong presence of technical service employees in more than 25 cities across the country. Reporting directly to Canon Medical Systems Corporation (formerly Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation) provides close ties to our research, engineering and product specialists, enabling the Canadian team to influence product decisions and delivery for the needs of our customers.
At Canon Medical Systems Canada we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve including accommodations throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the AODA. If you require accommodation due to disability please notify Human Resources and we will work with you to meet your needs.