RSNA Product Showcase
At the 2016 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting, Toshiba Medical introduced new products in every modality. Also announced was our Best in KLAS 2016 Award for Computed Tomography. Toshiba Canada Medical Systems (TCMS) was thrilled to meet with customers from across the country to introduce our latest technology and advanced solutions. TCMS is enthusiastic to bring these innovations to the Canadian market to help improve patient care once Health Canada approval is met.
Aquilion™ ONE GENESIS
The new premium system from Toshiba Medical that builds upon a 10-year history of leadership in area detector CT, Toshiba Medical is transforming clinical confidence, the patient experience and providers’ workspace. Intensive clinically focused research and breakthrough technological developments have culminated in a CT system with industry-leading spatial resolution and reduced radiation dose requirements. The new system’s numerous benefits include:
- Sharper Resolution: Introducing PUREViSION Optics, PUREViSION Detector and FIRST (MBIR), improving high contrast spatial resolution up to 129% (2.29 times),* while reducing radiation dose up to 85.3%.**
- Faster Exams: With reconstruction times up to 80 images per second and FIRST reconstruction achieved in as little as three minutes per volume (320 images), exams are now faster for patients than ever before.
- A Smaller System: The system is small, light and consumes less power, fitting into a footprint of only 204 square feet (19 square meters) with a short bore, flared design and 30-degree tilting gantry.
* PUREViSION Optics with FIRST body mode, ** As compared to FBP on the Aquilion ONE ViSION Edition.
Infinix™-i Sky +
Interventional radiology labs now have an imaging system that can provide more flexibility to perform a wider array of procedures. Infinix™-i Sky + with its ceiling mounted double sliding C-arm delivers the clinical freedom to enhance your workflow.
The Infinix-i Sky + also incorporates an extensive set of automated and user-selectable dose management tools designed to help clinicians minimize X-ray exposure to patients and clinicians. The unique C-arm design delivers numerous clinical benefits to interventional radiologists and vascular surgeons. These include:
- 3D Imaging Anywhere: The new system can deliver 3D imaging anywhere with 210˚ of anatomical coverage on both the right and left side of the patient, and a high speed 3D rotation of 80˚ per second.
- Image Over or Under the Table: The Infinix-i Sky + is capable of having its C-arm in a lateral position over or under the table, enabling clinicians to prioritize versatility and safety, particularly in a sterile OR environment.
- PA/AP C-Arm Flip: By allowing the flat panel detector to be positioned above or below the patient, the system offers increased flexibility for procedures that require additional space, including long needle biopsies, aspirations and vertebroplasty.
- Low Contrast Imaging: The double sliding C-arm system mechanics supports low contrast imaging from the head-end or either side of the patient.
- Head-End Access Halo: Ensuring positioning is never a hassle for clinicians, the system’s Access Halo offers 270˚ C-arm rotation that allows for easy head-end access.
Intuitive. Intelligent. Innovative. Aplio i-series features improved technology, outstanding image quality and intuitive ergonomics for better diagnostic confidence and patient care.
The systems include iPerformance technologies that deliver extreme processing power and allow healthcare providers to see more. A new beam-forming technology, iBeam, optimizes efficiency of the beam, increasing penetration, spatial resolution and contrast resolution, while at the same time reducing artifacts and clutter. The i800 offers advanced clinical applications, including an ultra-high frequency transducer (24 MHz) that makes it easier for clinicians to image superficial structures and expand the use of diagnostic ultrasound.
The Aplio i-series provides intuitive ergonomics to boost productivity during daily routine and complex exams with iSense. The systems offer an image-guided user interface, which visually guides the clinician through the exam to simplify system operation and help improve efficiency. To make ultrasound exams faster, the systems feature touch control screens and real-time quick scan, which makes automatic image adjustments without pushing a button.
Aplio i-series is designed to deliver outstanding clinical precision and departmental productivity. Crystal-clear images with enhanced resolution and penetration as well as an abundance of expert tools help you get your diagnostic answer quickly and reliably.
Vantage Galan™ 3T
Peacefully quiet, pleasantly quick. Get streamlined workflow, high-quality images and maximum patient comfort in Toshiba Medical’s Vantage™ Galan 3T MR system. The system was designed to meet the needs of you and your patients, giving you the tools you need to provide better patient care without compromising the patient experience.
The Vantage Galan 3T is a premium MR solution with a comprehensive range of MR clinical applications including neuro, musculoskeletal, abdominal, cardiovascular, breast and prostate. The Vantage Galan 3T is designed to increase signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) by up to 20 percent, allowing for faster sampling and higher resolution images thanks to PURERF and Saturn technologies. This, combined with the ability to stack protocol sequences, results in quick neuro exams. Initial indications suggest the following neuro sequences can be performed in under five minutes: SAG T1, AX T2, AX T2 FLAIR, AX T2* and AX DWI/ADC. Additionally, the system enhances diagnostic confidence with new advanced clinical applications and helps make exams easy to perform with EasyTech workflow solutions, which streamlines positioning and scanning.
Patient comfort is a priority. The system makes scanning even more quiet with Pianissimo™ Zen technology that reduces sound during acquisition by 99%***. The Vantage Galan 3T expands access to bariatric and claustrophobic patients with its 71 cm patient aperture. Additionally, the system’s eco design reduces energy costs and makes the system easy to install.
***99% reduction by unit of Loudness level “dB” and 97% reduction by unit of perceived loudness “Sone”.
About Toshiba Canada Medical Systems Limited
Toshiba Canada Medical Systems (TCMS), a Canon Group company headquartered in Markham, Ontario, provides patient-focused imaging technologies with specialties in CT, X-Ray, Angiography, Ultrasound and MRI. Advanced service solutions range from single-room coverage to complete asset management programs.
All sales, services and operations are Canadian-based, with a strong presence of technical service employees in more than 25 cities across the country. Reporting directly to Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation provides close ties to our research, engineering and product specialists, enabling the Canadian team to influence product decisions and delivery for the needs of our customers. For more information, visit www.toshiba-medical.ca.
About Toshiba Medical
Toshiba Medical offers a full range of diagnostic medical imaging solutions including Ultrasound, CT, X-Ray, and MR, across the globe. As of December 2016, Toshiba Medical became a member of the Canon Group. In line with our continued Made for Life philosophy, patients are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to provide medical professionals with solutions that support their efforts in contributing to the health and wellbeing of patients worldwide so that together our industry-leading solutions deliver an enriched quality of life.